Thursday, December 11, 2008

Indoor Fishing

Sometimes the only way to find a fishing buddy for your husband is to grow one! I made this fishing game for our little nephew, Jack, for his upcoming third birthday. Hopefully, a few years from now after lots of fishing game, Jack can be Scott's fishing buddy at the lake...

Here is a little tut from abunchofkidsinc on making your own. I used felt stuffed with pillow fluff instead of fabric with batting because that's what I had on hand. Worked out pretty well, if I ever make it again, probably won't create such ambitious shapes! Also, I used a piece of bamboo instead of a dowel rod and then hot glued the string to the bamboo and magnets. (Much easier than drilling.) 




2 comments:

Sara Therese said...

You did go all out on your fish! I'll post mine soon. I think my fish look like turkey legs. Such a cute and easy gift! Great minds . ..

Beth Carter said...

Steph I love it. Great idea for the little guy.