Monday, December 1, 2008

Bokeh on the Circle


Throughout the fall, I've been trying to create a light distortion trick called Bokeh.  Here is an attempt to create music notes at the Soldiers and Sailors' Monument last Friday. Since the lights are wrapped around tree limbs, the notes look like they are being sung as they appear to float into the air.  A surprisingly wonderful affect!

Next time, I'll try to put a greater distance between myself and the light source, then hopefully, there will be more whole shapes. More to come...


4 comments:

Amy Kingman said...

Awe, they look like they're floating away! Glad to see the continued experiments with bokeh! I think it's all about the lens... do we invest?!

Jen said...

looks good. keep trying. do you read the pioneer woman? she had a post about bokeh here

Sue said...

Stephanie, do you ever just come home and watch tv? I am so impressed with all that you do!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks gals! Jen, I hadn't checked out pioneer woman until today, great simple explanations. I like that! Sue, I've been know to watch some TV in my day, don't you worry...