Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day at the Library of Congress

One place I've spent a massive amount of time browsing is the Library of Congress Digital Archives. It almost sounds smart to spend that much time in a library, even if it's only virtually!

The archives are full of old photos free of copy right restrictions (for the most part.) Combine that with some Flikr inspiration found in pennylrichardsca's photostream and suddenly I've got a nearly instant personalized Father's Day gift.

Here's the concoction:

This picture from the digital archives, which I believe might
be the original pagoda at the track (or at least one like it.)


+


This picture I took of the 2009 Indy 500 Pace Car



=

This gift for my dad.
(I love the way the guy in the front is eye-ing that hot ride!)




Happy Father's Day, Dad! Hopefully, you don't get your computer fixed till after this weekend...


1 comment:

Sara Therese said...

Wow! That is soooooo cool, Steph. Thanks for the heads up on the library photos. Been spending some quality time there myself.