Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday - Sight

The new photo week is here and it's back to our Senses Week. Check out all the details on Jen's blog. (Jen, you've really put down the gauntlet here, and I love it!)


Sight Protection


Sight Distortion


Sight Aid


Sight Removed
(These are my acquisitions from a stop at the Arcadia Fall Fest on Saturday: a jar of pepper jelly and a miniature sock monkey, which I pulled the eyes off of on the way home because they were so not right for his face. Any ideas for replacement eyes?? I'm thinking sequins, but that might be too glam for a little ol' sock monkey.)

6 comments:

Beth Carter said...

Nice pics Steph. The sock monkey kills me though. I can't believe he doesn't have eyes anymore. I feel bad for him. My suggestion is little black buttons or maybe yarn made into small balls or even tread.

Amy Kingman said...

Clever shots! I really like the sight distortion. :) Hey, do you know how to white balance with the Canon? I keep meaning to look that up.

Unknown said...

Hey Amy, here is how I white balance when the automatic settings aren't working. 1. Take a picture of something white. 2. Go into the menu and select "Custom WB" from the first tab. 3. Scroll thru the pics till you find the white picture and then push the "Set" button. 4. Finally, go back to picture taking mode and select down or "WB" on the navigation buttons and scroll with the front wheel till you get to the bottom right icon on the LCD screen. Hopefully, this makes sense. No pun intended! Let me know how it goes...

Amy Kingman said...

thanks! Now that you explain it, I think I remember doing that when I VERY first got the camera... then neglected to do it ever since. Thanks for the refresher! :)

Jen said...

I love where you went with the theme today. Nice work!

Amy Kingman said...

PS: I'm white balancing again. I feel so ashamed to have forgotten about that! Thanks for the tips! :)